Saturday, February 22, 2003

Urdu Dictionary by Usman Qazi

"My objective is to come up with a (Urdu/Hindi)=>(Urdu/Hindi) thesaurus. I will keep developing the follwing list, which is partly my own and partly taken from a word-list by a Mr. Sitaraam Shastree. Then, with people's help, I'll try to get a thesaurus out of it. Etymology will also be added as time permits. As my formal Hindi is rudimentary, I need help in grouping Sanskrit words as well as in acurately identifying their more common synonyms. The grouping will be as follows (c) common bo:lcaal (e) educated speech (f) formal/bookish/poetic/pompous

"I have tried to follow the standard Sanskrit transliteration. Although we're limited to ascii. kh. , gh. and zh occur in words of Persian/Arabic origin. I don't know what to do with the two Sanskrit (sh) sounds as well as the several Arabic (t) and (z) sounds, etc. I'd leave them for higher order Maulaana/Pandit sahibs."
...

2 comments:

Rose said...

please email me at omlick@yahoo.com about this. I to am working on this and know more on the hindi side of things.

I need the urdu side, and we can calaborate.

uiyui said...

Three passions,warcraft leveling simple but wow lvl overwhelmingly strong,wow power level have governed wow power level my life: the longing wrath of the lich king power leveling for love, the search for knowledge,World of warcraft Power Leveling and unbearable pity WOTLK Power Leveling for the suffering wlk power leveling of mankind. These passions,wlk power leveling like great winds,age of conan gold have blown me hither and thither,cheap aoc gold in a wayward course,aoc power leveling over a great ocean ffxi gil of anguish, reaching final fantasy xi gil to the very verge of despair. I have sought love, first, because it brings ecstasy - ecstasy so great that I would often have sacrificed FFXI Gil all the rest of life for final fantasy gil a few hours of this joy. I have sought it, wow gold because it relieves loneliness--that terrible loneliness in which one shivering consciousness dog clothes looks over the rim of the world into the cold unfathomable lifeless abyss.